June 16, 2021 - Today, an early morning porch fire broke out at SupportiveLiving.ca’s Humberstone Manor facility in Port Colborne.  Fortunately, all staff and residents were evacuated safely and we are happy to report there were no injuries.

As the wellbeing of our staff and residents is our main priority, SupportiveLiving’s fire safety protocols and systems proved to be exceptional in ensuring all residents and staff were alerted and evacuated in a quick and safe manner.  Our staff is fully trained in fire safety procedures and we conduct regular fire drills to prepare us for such situations. 

Our emergency management policy was immediately enacted and shortly thereafter, a team was onsite, ensuring the displaced staff and residents were sheltered and provided necessities. While the residents have been displaced temporarily from their home, SupportiveLiving has been able to secure accommodations for them in our other facilities.

SupportiveLiving is conducting a full investigation into the matter along with a thorough risk assessment.

We would like to thank, Port Colborne Fire and Emergency Services, the Red Cross for providing exceptional support to residents and staff as well as the outpouring of support that the Port Colborne community has shown us.

We will work tirelessly to have the home reopened so that the residents can return to their home as soon as possible.

SL Management