March 25, 2020 - What we are doing at SupportiveLiving.ca to keep our residents, staff and the public safe
Dear friends, colleagues and members of our communities,
We are all going through a crisis in our healthcare system that has been unprecedented. SupportiveLiving.ca executives, management, and front line staff have been working around the clock monitoring the ever evolving situation in an effort to keep our SL communities and their stakeholders safe.
We are in uncharted territory and realize that we don’t have all of the answers to the crisis but we are learning and developing ourselves on a constant basis.
Some of the steps that we have implemented are:
• Round the clock sanitization of high traffic areas within our homes.
• Continuous education is being provided to our staff and residents on how they can play their part in preventing the spread of the virus
• As of 7 days ago, SL homes have implemented a “no visitors” policy to our locations
• “Drop and Leave” protocols have been put into place with all supply chain stakeholders
• Residents of our homes have been instructed to stay at home for their own safety as well as the safety of the community at large
• Symptomatic residents are being isolated
• Admissions to all SL homes have been suspended for the time being
• Activities (socially distanced) as well as mental health support by telephone has been increased within our homes to help our residents get through this challenging time
We are diligently doing our part to keep our residents, staff and the community as safe as possible, during these trying times.
We would like to thank everyone for their support and understanding of our new emergency policies and wish everybody the best of health in the weeks and months to come.
If there are any questions, concerns or comments, please direct these to email@example.com
Be well and stay well,
CEO, President and Founder